It is 2019, and the technology field is growing and presenting the opportunity for a lot of jobs. One area within technology that is growing rapidly is cybersecurity. There is a high demand for cybersecurity professionals in 2019 and the coming years. Find out more about why cybersecurity professionals are needed with the five reasons listed below.
- The Demand for This Work is Growing Rapidly – There are many different types of jobs in cybersecurity because there are different cybersecurity needs. However, this field, in general, is growing, and there is more demand for people trained in cybersecurity work. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook for information security analysts is projected to grow 28 percent from 2016 to 2026. Also, BLS.gov tells us that the outlook for computer systems analysts is supposed to grow 9 percent from 2016 to 2026. Those are two different jobs related to cybersecurity and network technology, and they are both growing faster than the average growth for jobs. This means that is could be a good field to get into. There will be lots of cybersecurity professionals needed in 2019 and in the coming years.
- There are More Cybersecurity Threats Than Ever – Another reason that cybersecurity professionals are needed in 2019 is because there are more cybersecurity threats than ever. Every day, businesses face different cybersecurity threats. They face threats like malware or malicious software that infects computers. They also face threats like ransomware. Ransomware describes when hackers will encrypt the data for a business, and they will demand a ransom to decrypt the data. Distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) have also become a popular cybersecurity threat. DDoS attacks occur when hackers send a lot of traffic to a specific website so the website is shut down. All of these cybersecurity threats are ones that businesses are facing every day, and cybersecurity professionals are needed to combat these threats.
- Hackers are Getting Smarter and More Determined – As more and more private data and information is stored using technology, hackers are getting smarter and more determined. There is a lot at stake with the type of data that can be hacked. Cybersecurity professionals are needed because they can take on these hackers and win. During a cybersecurity training program, people are taught about ethical hacking and network defense. Ethical hacking refers to practice attacks on a network to find its weak points. Cybersecurity professionals can use ethical hacking to find areas where hackers may be likely to attack; then, the cybersecurity professional can make those areas stronger so that they are less susceptible to hackers.
- This Job Requires Skill, Knowledge, and Expertise – Not just anyone can help a company’s data stay secure. With advancements in technology and hackers getting smarter, cybersecurity professionals are needed because they have the expertise to defend a company or corporation. People who have gone through a cybersecurity program are valuable because they have what it takes in terms of skill, knowledge, and expertise.
- Businesses Do Not Provide Adequate Cyber Training – Cybersecurity has been a growing issue in the last decade because of the growing technology and the growing need. Before recently, there was not much for formal training in the area of cybersecurity. Now, there are degrees and courses related to cybersecurity training, but this is a more recent development. This also means that businesses and corporations often have not trained people properly in the area of cybersecurity. They have not provided employees with security training resources, and that is why cybersecurity professionals are needed. Businesses and corporations are in need of people who have completed cybersecurity training programs or received cybersecurity certificates. This will allow businesses to get the expertise they currently lack.
As discussed above, there are a lot of reasons that cybersecurity professionals are needed in 2019. Working in cybersecurity could be a great option for you and your future career. However, you will need to consider a cybersecurity training program to help you build the knowledge and skills you will need.
Tech Launch and Florida Vocational Institute have come up with a cybersecurity and network technician training program that can prepare people to work in the world of cybersecurity. During this program, you can learn about maintaining computers and operating systems, network and computer security, cloud technologies, ethical hacking, network defense, and more. During this cybersecurity and network technician training, you will also get the chance to do some hands-on learning. The instructors will give you the opportunity to test and practice your skills so that you will be much better prepared for the world of work. Click here to learn more about our program.
For more information about graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website: