Do you remember a time when computer viruses were all you had to worry about? As a matter of fact, they were the cause of serious paranoia back in the day, mostly because they weren’t understood. A rash of anti-virus software was sold, some of which was better than others. Today we have a wide range of infectious programs that can affect our computing experience so with that being the case, how exactly can we protect ourselves? Before you can effectively protect your computer from viruses you will need to know how those viruses manifest themselves and what they actually do. The meanings have certainly changed over time so we’re going to start by taking a look at the deliver methods. When we’re done, we’ll have a quick word about Miami cyber security training.
The Delivery Methods for Infections Today
Those who obtain a Miami cyber security degree often work hard to ensure that better software is developed to remove malware and viruses from the machine, and oftentimes the item they wish to remove will encompass one of the following:
- Virus – Once a generic term for any ‘bad’ software, it has been replaced with malware. Today we use ‘virus’ as a term for something that self-replicates once it hooks itself into a running program within Windows.
- Worm – This operates much like a virus as it is self-replicating, but it does not hook onto a running program. Instead, it simply runs in the background.
- Trojan – This is software that was intended for one purpose but operates in a completely different manner, potentially harming your computer.
- Adware – This type of software (which is not truly malware) is almost never delivered using the above methods. Instead, it uses an advertising delivery system, normally pushing a piece of software onto your computer with the adware tacked on. Oftentimes adware is something that you agree to have installed on your computer even if you don’t realize it.
- Spyware – This type of software monitors the activity on your computer and sends the collected information to those who are interested. This could include tracking web pages, and even watching what apps you use most frequently.
- Ransomware – Almost everyone with a PC will experience this at some point in their lives. This type of software is designed to hold your files hostage until you are willing to pay a fee, usually to the tune of several hundred dollars.
As you train for your Miami cyber security degree you will work on addressing these, and you will also work with the elimination of adware and spyware. It can be a tough road to travel but the rewards make it well worth it.
Get Your Certification
In 2018 we’re going to see more and more need for Miami cyber security certification as new threats pop up and old threats grow. Getting into this field can be a bit complicated but completing our courses can definitely give you the head start that you need. That being said, now would be a great time for you to give us a call or even browse through our website to see just what we are able to offer you. It won’t be long before you find yourself in an amazing career that will grow significantly throughout the year.
Remember, if you are having trouble financially we can always help you out with our financial aid program and we can get you into the program that will lead to the best possible career path. You may have a long way to go, but we are more than happy to help.