POST 9/11 GI BILL® ELIGIBILITY BENEFITS
The Post 9/11 GI Bill® provides education benefits that cover a percentage of tuition and fees, depending on how long you have served in the military. Tuition and fees are paid directly to TechLaunch Academy when enrolling in our 18-Week Certification Training Program (NSPP).
|Individual serving an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001||Percent of Maximum Benefits Payable|
|At least 36 months.||100%|
|At least 30 continuous days on active duty, and must be discharged due to service-connected disability or received a Purple Heart.||100%|
|At least 30 months, but less than 36 months.||90%|
|At least 24 months, but less than 30 months.||80%|
|At least 18 months, but less than 24 months.||70%|
|At least 6 months, but less than 18 months.||60%|
|At least 90 days, but less than 6 months.||50%|
Monthly Housing Stipend
This portion of the benefit is paid directly to the veteran each month he or she is enrolled in classes. The housing stipend is based on the institution’s zip code.
Books & Supplies
Veterans are eligible for up to $1,000 in the form of an annual stipend for books and supplies. This payment is made directly to the student.
How to Qualify
If you have at least 90 days of aggregate active-duty service after September 10, 2001 and:
- Are still on active duty
- Are an honorably discharged Veteran
- Have a service-connected disability
Then you may be eligible to take advantage of Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits. Please review the VA Post 9/11 GI Bill® web page and/or call the VA at 1-888-GIBILL-1 to find out more.
Do you want to prepare for a career in IT with our 18-week IT Certification Training Program (NSPP), and learn more about the Post 9/11 GI Bill®? Speak to a TechLaunch Academy Career Advocate and find out your options.
TO APPLY FOR YOUR POST 9/11 GI BILL® BENEFITS, YOU WILL NEED TO COLLECT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- GI Bill® Benefit Application
- Form DD214: Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty
- Dates and service status for each period of military service
- Number of months of eligibility remaining for benefits under one or more VA education programs
- Information Pertaining to participation in the ‘$600 Buy-up Program’
- GI Bill® Kicker Contract (if participated)
- Transcripts for all periods of post-secondary education
- Banking information to allow for direct deposit of benefits
Do not delay your application! Apply online for faster processing at Post 9/11 GI Bill® Benefits Application.
Your TechLaunch Academy career advocate will review and assist you through the TechLaunch Academy application process to help prepare you for a new or advanced IT career.
You will need to provide the TechLaunch Academy Certifying Official a copy of your VA GI Bill® Certificate of Eligibility and your Application for VA Education Benefits (VA Form 22-1990) to include, but not limited to:
- DD Form 214 (Member 4) for all periods of active-duty service (excluding active duty for training)
- Copies of orders if activated from the guard/reserves
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.