Our Women in Tech (WIT) program provides a full scholarship to qualified women to gain targeted and relevant IT training, industry certifications, real-world experience, and job placement opportunities. This program was created to help close the gender gap by increasing the number of women in technology careers. This 16-week bootcamp-style training was designed to prepare students to sit for industry-recognized IT certifications. We are now accepting applications for this limited and highly sort-after scholarship program, that we are anticipating starting in May 2022.
Train for several IT certifications in a blending learning environment of classroom, online, and hands-on training.
Receive career mentoring and soft skills training. Finetune your interviewing skills for paid internship opportunities.
Prepare to launch a career in technology with the assistance of our Career Services Team.
- Women 18 years old or older
- Miami/Dade Resident
- High school graduate or GED
- Meet the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) criteria
- Highly motivated to learn new technical and professional skills
- Available five days a week (M-F) for 16-week training followed by work experience.
- Some IT training or experience preferred
- Pass aptitude and basic IT skills test
- Demonstrated ability to learn and work in a virtual environment
The main objective of our WIT program is to equip women with the knowledge and experience to allow them to compete in the technology field and help bridge the gender gap in this high-demand industry. Many of our past graduates have gone on to launch careers in the IT industry. Listen to what some of our past graduates have to say about the program.